Potential outcomes as the result of fire damage / smoke damage
You need to act quickly after suffering fire damage to your home. The combined effects of fire and smoke can quickly cause further problems to your home. National Home Repairs can quickly help reduce this additional damage and commence the planning process to restore your home.
- Within minutes: the acid soot residue can cause discolouration of plastic and metal polished surfaces
- Within hours: tile grouting, furniture, metal, white goods, worktops, UPVC, aluminium doors and windows can discolour, tarnish and corrode
- Within days: permanent staining can be caused to carpets, clothing, curtains, upholstery, painted walls will discolour and metals will corrode
- Wooden furniture will need to be restored and materials such as china, glass and crystal may need to be replaced
- Any delay in the removal of carbon fire residue can lead to acid attack (caused by soot) and smells penetrating walls, carpets and soft-furnishings - this can result in higher cleaning costs and more overall losses because items need replacing